5 Expert tips on layering necklaces like a pro!
Layering necklaces may give your outfit that carefree cool vibe but many people struggle with the right way to pull off the perfect layered look. I’ve got the insider scoop on the best layering strategies to make it simple for you!
1. Mix Materials or Metals- Layering silver with gold or throwing in fun materials like an acetate necklace along with metals can really make your layering pop. Don’t be afraid to play with different materials and metal finishes to mix it up a bit!
2. Create a cascade effect- Try to leave a minimum of a half inch to an inch between layers so each piece is showcased perfectly. If your necklaces are too crowded the layers can take on a “cluttered” look.
3. Layer without the tangle- Purchasing necklaces with multiple chains attached is one of the easiest ways to keep your layers knott free. I love using a multi-chain necklace (like the one shown in this post) as a base to add additional layers too. It’s also a great no-brainer grab on the days you don’t have time to think about styling your layers.
4. Go for necklaces with different chain styles and thicknesses- Your layers wont stand out if they are too similar. It’s always fun to play with adding thicker chains or interesting chain styles to your layers.
5. Add a bold statement necklace- I love adding a pop of color, some sparkly bobbles or, as shown here, a fun shell necklace to the layers to add a more dramatic wow factor. Adding a unique piece can really change the whole vibe of your outfit and give you the perfect layered look.